Support Worker - Magdalen House
Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom • Care Staff • MAG14062018
Magdalen House, Dundee, DD1 4LZ
Magdalen House, Housing Care and Support Service in Dundee is a Service providing a range of person centred services to adults with a learning disability which include housing support, care at home and social care.
We are seeking enthusiastic and motivated Support Workers to join our team. You will be able to demonstrate the ability to use your initiative and work confidently in order to ensure individuals and resources are fully supported.
You will be expected to actively participate as part of a team offering a wide range of opportunities to service users in order to help them achieve their potential. Duties will also involve the provision of personal care. You will be expected to undertake shift work including evening, weekend work and night duty on a rota basis. You will be required to cope with change and be adaptable so flexibility is essential.
This is an exciting opportunity that will appeal to anyone who has an interest in working with adults who have a learning disability.
The posts are x 30 + hour posts, day evening and night shift
This post is considered Regulated Work with Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made.
- SVQ Level 2 (Care) or willing to work towards qualification
- Driving Licence preferable but not essential.
- Shift Work including evening, weekend, and night duty on a rota basis.
- Good communication skills.
- Caring nature.
- Work well as part of a team.
- Priority rewards scheme for all staff members
- Auto enrolment pension scheme
- Enhanced rate of pay for additional shifts (over full time equivalent hours)
- Additional annual leave incentive for length of service
- Loyalty bonus payment for length of service
- Highly competitive rates of pay
- Strong support network.
- Established, reputable, forward thinking employer.
- Training provided / career development