Maintenance Person - St Columbas Care Home
Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom • Maintenance • StCol260219
Permanent 19.5 Hours Per Week.
Rate of Pay: £8.45 Per Hour
Priority Care are currently recruiting a maintenance person to work at St Columba's Care Home in Dundee, Tayside.
Priority Care Group are passionate about ensuring the standards in our homes are of the highest level at all times. We constantly strive to develop and improve our service, always looking for more ways to make the time you and your family spend with us an enjoyable, fulfilling and enabling experience.
Two generations of our own family work in our homes and it is easy to see that caring is in our nature. As a family we pride ourselves on the quality of care our clients receive every single day.
About St Columbas Care HomeSt Columba's Care Home is a newly refurbished home set in attractive gardens within close walking distance to the town centre of Dundee. St Columba's has spacious single en-suite bedrooms and pleasant communal areas to enjoy. We are registered for care of the elderly, offering both residential and nursing care to those with dementia. We can also provide palliative care.
We are looking for a skilled Maintenance worker to perform upkeep tasks such as repairs and cleaning. You will be responsible for applying basic fixes to equipment and building systems and ensure facilities are tidy and functional. Being reliable with a keen eye for detail is the first step to getting this job. The ideal candidate will have experience and solid technical knowledge. You must also possess manual dexterity and physical stamina.
Closing Date: 15th March 2019
Day-to-day this job is extremely varied. Some of your regular duties could include:
- Changing light bulbs and ensuring other fixtures and fittings are in good working order
- Rewiring, changing fuses, junction boxes etc.
- Minor plumbing and carpentry
- Clearing or cleaning general areas
- Shifting furniture or equipment
- Assembling furniture or equipment
- Footpath maintenance
- Maintaining property exterior through the different seasons
- Perform minor fixes such as repairing broken locks, fixing leaking taps etc
- Install appliances and equipment
- Carry out garden upkeep by sweeping / litter picking etc.
- Conduct maintenance tasks such as replacing light bulbs
- Inspect and troubleshoot equipment and systems
- Check functionality of safety systems (e.g. fire alarm)
- Report to a facilities or maintenance manager for issues
- PAT Testing of electrical appliances (training provided)
- Weekly Health & Safety Testing / Monitoring (training provided)
- Legionella Related Tasks (training provided)
- Work well as part of a team
- Basic knowledge of HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems
- Experience using hand and electrical tools
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Physical stamina and dexterity
- Ability to deal with other contractors and maintenance workers
- Being resourceful and self-motivated
- Priority rewards scheme for all staff members
- Auto enrolment pension scheme
- Additional annual leave incentive for length of service
- Loyalty bonus payment for length of service
- Highly competitive rates of pay
- Strong support network.
- Established, reputable, forward thinking employer.
- Free uniform & training provided / career development